More From A. J. Liebling
- "A city with one newspaper, or with a morning and an evening paper under one ownership, is like a man with one eye, and often the eye is glass."
- "The science of booby-trapping has taken a good deal of the fun out of following hot on the enemy’s heels."
- "The pattern of a newspaperman’s life is like the plot of ‘Black Beauty.’ Sometimes he finds a kind master who gives him a dry stall and an occasional bran mash in the form of a Christmas bonus, sometimes he falls into the hands of a mean owner who drives him in spite of spavins and expects him to live on potato peelings."
More In Society
- "There is so much potential out there in young people and they aren’t getting the right information or being encouraged in the right ways. This is our duty as a society."― Benjamin Carson
- "We’re an air bag society that wants guarantees on everything that we buy. We want to be able to take everything back and get another one. We want a 401-k plan and Social Security."― James Hillman
- "He who stands aloof runs the risk of believing himself better than others and misusing his critique of society as an ideology for his private interest."― Theodor Adorno