More From A. J. Liebling
- "If the first requisite for writing well about food is a good appetite, the second is to put in your apprenticeship as a feeder when you have enough money to pay the check but not enough to produce indifference of the total."
- "The science of booby-trapping has taken a good deal of the fun out of following hot on the enemy’s heels."
- "The primary requisite for writing well about food is a good appetite. Without this, it is impossible to accumulate, within the allotted span, enough experience of eating to have anything worth setting down."
More In Society
- "If more people were actively engaged in advocating their positions I think we’d have a better society."― Jeb Bush
- "Movies are movies: they take you back in time, and how it still is for some."― Tina Turner
- "Restless, and in desperate need of adventure, I quit my job at an insurance company to travel west with a couple of guys I smoked pot with, scandalizing my family."― Mink Stole